Drone mapping services and Aerial Mapping Drone
OSDC offers in-house Drone/UASs/UAV mapping services throughout the Okanagan including Vernon, Kelowna, Lake Country, Penticton and throughout British Columbia.
With an Aerial Mapping Drone we can cover extremely large parcels of land very efficiently and accurately. Using Photogrammetry technology we can create extremely precise 3 dimensional topographic survey maps and geo rectified ortho mosaics (many images stitched together to scale and in a specific projection) . The data sets collected from our Aerial Mapping Drone are extremely detailed, typically millions of points per acre. A typical gravel pit that we used to survey conventionality would take 12 hours to survey with around 1200 survey measurements. With the drone we are surveying the same site in 30 minutes with millions of points.
Ideal sites to consider a Drone Mapping Service include:
- Construction sites for payment items and progress updates
- Construction Sites for High-resolution imagery and 4K video to monitor progress and collaborate with team members at a distance
- Rivers, streams and shorelines to monitor damage done by flooding and assess potential risk areas
- Proposed vineyards for grading design and proposed planting layout
- Large sites to collect topographic survey data for design
ODSC has a Special Flight Operations Certificate (SFOC) from Transport Canada for all of British Columbia and has three licensed pilots ready to fly wherever required.