Survey Team Lead STL-001
Great pay, great benefits, and opportunity to advance.
Okanagan Survey & Design Ltd has been a leading specialized construction and engineering survey firm located near Kelowna, BC since 1989. We have worked on projects throughout BC, Alberta and more recently internationally.
We are a dedicated multidisciplinary team of hardworking and professional geomatics and civil engineering technologists and technicians. We strive to deliver the greatest customer experience possible.
Our Core Values
If your core values align with ours you will be a good fit:
- Create a great client experience.
- Clean, Tidy and Organised
- Professional, accountable, calm, and confident manner always
- Positive, accountable, and hard working
We are looking to fulfill a full-time permanent position for a like minded survey party chief. You will be eager to take this opportunity to learn, grow and achieve beyond average results and renumeration. Out of town work may be required. Although the below skills are desirable, we can train the right individual.
- Conduct construction layout for heavy civil projects.
- Topographic surveys
- Bathymetry Surveying
- Prepare layout prep and CAD drafting work.
- Work independently or as part of a crew.
- Civil 3D drafting and prep.
Compensation and benefits
OSDC has payrates based on our employee’s ability to complete certain tasks based on guidelines we have established in our surveyor levels. Growth will be accelerated by your willingness to work hard, listen, and learn. Our hiring and training model allows for continuous and ongoing growth, after 90 days employees will be promoted to Surveyor 1. It is expected after 12 months an employee meets the qualifications of Surveyor 2 and Surveyor 3 after 24 months.
Probation (90-day probation period) $27/hourly
Surveyor 1 $28-$30 hourly plus benefits
Surveyor 2 $30-33 hourly plus benefits
Surveyor 3 (minimum 2 years with OSDC) $33-$36 hourly plus benefits
Project Manager (minimum 5 years with OSDC) $37-$45 hourly plus benefits
Requirements & Qualifications we would like to see.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints (civil, architectural, structural)
- Attention to detail and good record keeping.
- Accountable, hardworking, and eager to grow with us.
- Experience with Total Station and GPS surveying techniques
- Technical Diploma
- Occasional overtime and weekends as required.
- Valid BC Drivers License
- Criminal Record Check
- Occasional Work out of town.
- Must be physically fit and able to carry up to 25lbs in rugged conditions for extended periods.
How to apply
If you believe this position is for you be ready to show us why by calling us at 250-861-5656 and by downloading our application form from our website at www.osdc.ca. Submit your completed application, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com to the attention of HR Manager and include “Survey Team Lead STL-001” in the subject line before 5PM Friday January 29, 2021.